There would be times roll-up doors can break down unexpectedly, making your workers susceptible to harm. When roll-up doors operate normally, most facility workers are not aware that these doors could be dangerous and hazardous during a break-down.
Do your workers know that some commercial garage doors or industrial doors weighs more than half a ton? Imagine the potential danger if a roll-up door fails, and falls on one of your workers. To avoid such unexpected accidents and hazards from happening, it is vitally important to implement “predict and prevent” or ‘pre-emptive solutions’ like preventive maintenance programs in Charlotte, NC.
What is Preventive Maintenance?
Preventive maintenance is regularly or routinely scheduled maintenance performed on equipment and devices, to reduce potential damage, which may result in unexpected downtimes and to extend lifespan.
Below are some situational scenarios of what could go wrong if your loading dock doesn’t have maintenance services as required:
- Upon opening the door, the chain breaks and the door drops.
- While the door ascends from the top of the frame, suddenly the drive chain jumps the sprocket and the door falls.
- The drive sprocket disengages itself from the shaft and the door drops.
That is why, some great companies like Overhead Door Company of Charlotte, a Division of DuraServ has Planned Maintenance Program to protect your loading dock investment and reduce lifetime ownership costs such as:
- regular equipment checks that keep them running as they are designed
- built on a professional, no-cost and no-obligation survey
- cost-effective maintenance
- several frequencies that meet business needs
- conducted by our team of factory-trained and experienced technicians
Whether you want to check our program, or you have plans to install new commercial roll-up doors for your loading docks, our Charlotte NC Roll-up Door service office has several commercial roll-up doors models to offer:
- Overhead Door- Fireking 631 Series- Rolling Steel Fire Rated Service Door-features a mechanical auto resettable hoist (non-motorized) that enables easy drop test and reset of the fire door in just seconds.
- Overhead Door- Fireking 634 Series – Rolling Steel Fire Rated Service Door– has a controls rate of door descent during a fire while reducing noise and vibration for quieter door operation.
- Overhead Door- Fireking 630 Series- Insulated Rolling Steel Fire Rated Service Door– has a fusible link separates at 165°F (74°C) to automatically close the door in case of fire.
- Overhead Door- Model 600 Coil-Away Rolling Steel Service Door-having a 24-month limited
- 3 Year/20,000 cycle limited on door & operator system.
- Overhead Door- Model 610 Rolling Steel Service Door– includes a bottom bar, extruded aluminum with weather seal of up to up to 15’4″ (4674 mm).
- Overhead Door- Model 620 Stormtite Rolling Steel Service Door– has guides with primed steel roll-formed up to 15’4″ wide and/or 15’4″ high.
- Overhead Door- Model 640 Rolling Fire Counter Door– designed to expand upward in a fire, allowing the guides to be installed flush with the sill.
- Overhead Door- Model 660 Integral Frame Rolling Fire Counter Door-has integral frame doors are factory assembled as a complete unit with fully welded frames.
Overhead Door’s Rolling Steel Doors are built to last the lifetime of the building with a little maintenance cost, big dollar-savings, and increased profits.
What is the Importance of Preventive Maintenance?
The importance of preventive maintenance should not be neglected because its role is significant to the effectiveness of the loading docks’ system.
In practice, preventive maintenance is regular and routine checking of equipment and devices for problems and troubleshooting them before any failure can occur. It may consist of calibrations, lubrication, inspections, part replacements, adjustments, or cleaning.
Some businesses do not use preventive maintenance because of several factors like:
- takes a lot of time, effort, and ability
- increased costs from excessive maintenance
- additional maintenance resources required
However, in the long run, the benefits outweigh the setbacks both practically and beneficially such as:
- better preparation for maintenance work
- improved scheduling
- lower overall maintenance costs
- extend the lifespan of your equipment
- increase operational efficiency, safety, and reliability
- reduce the malfunctioning of equipment
- reduce costly downtime
At Charlotte NC Sectional Doors Service offers 24/7 Parts & Service, we have a team of professionally trained and qualified service technicians with various years of experience to work tirelessly and endlessly to ensure your doors and dock equipment are running properly.
Our stock of high-quality tools, equipment, and professionals includes:
- A large array of service and installation trucks
- Fully stocked warehouse
- A team of educated coordinators to answer your call
Our Charlotte NC High-Speed Door Sales has commercial sectional doors that are ideal for jobs that call for excellent thermal values, wind load requirements, or need a high performing door designed for long life and superior strength:
- Overhead Door- Model 416 Steel Sectional Door– built with standard max width-32’2″ (9804 mm); standard max height-21’1″ (6426 mm); and warranty of 1 year limited.
- Overhead Door – Model 430 Steel Sectional Door– available in sizes up to 20´2″ in width and 16´1″ in height (6147 mm and 4902 mm) for a variety of medium-duty applications.
- Overhead Door- Model 418 Insulated Steel Sectional Door– options allow these doors to meet the most stringent project requirements that call for a degree of thermal efficiency.
- Overhead Door- Model 420 Steel Sectional Door– includes weather stripping, reinforced struts, movable center posts, and motor operation.
- Overhead Door- Model 422 Insulated Steel Sectional Door– available in sizes up to 29´2″ in width and 24´1″ in height (8890 mm and 7341 mm).
- Overhead Door- Model 424 Steel Sectional Door-features a 2″ (51 mm) panel thickness, 16-gauge steel intermediate and end stiles, ribbed steel exterior, and a white paint finish.
- Overhead Door- Model 511 Aluminum Sectional Door– built with the material in 6063-T6 Aluminum and standard finish of 204r-1 Clear Anodized.
- Overhead Door- Thermacore 591 Insulated Sectional Door– constructed of galvanized steel with a ribbed, textured finish. It is available with a white interior finish and choice of white, industrial brown, tan or gray exterior.
- Bug Blocker Sectional Screen Door – one of the most economical solutions for temperature control and environmental separation in warehouse and manufacturing environments.
How often should preventative maintenance be scheduled?
The frequency of maintenance scheduling depends on several factors such as door usage, working environment, and other conditions of the door’s operation. Commonly, some loading dock companies use the three to six months of preventive maintenance schedules, but mostly it varies depending on company needs and requirements.
To determine the best preventative maintenance schedule for your overhead doors or loading dock equipment contact Charlotte NC Roll-Up Door service office for a consultation or you can make a service request.
Being your One-Stop-Shop for commercial door and loading dock equipment includes OEM Parts and Accessories which offers:
- Minimize Downtime
- Maximize Productivity
- Stocked Inventory
- Parts Availability
Our Charlotte NC Commercial Door Repair service office has High-Speed Doors and Knock-out Doors, both perfect for either interior or exterior applications where moderate wind or negative pressure is a problem:
- High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-990 – built for safety this door features a flexible bottom with wireless monitored reversing edge, built-in drop stop device, and in-plane infrared sensors.
- High Speed Exterior Rubber Door-991 – features dual recessed photo eyes and a patent-pending curtain lock which allows the door to withstand pressure and enables it to be repaired quickly in the field.
- High Speed Exterior Rubber Door-992 – strutted, heavy-duty interior high-speed fabric door with an independently tested static pressure resistance of 76 mph and dynamic ultimate pressure resistance of 53 mph.
- High Speed Exterior Rubber Door-993 – is a high-speed exterior fabric door that has a springless design for minimal interruption and maintenance costs.
- High Speed Exterior Rubber Door-994 – RapidFlex® Model 994 is a strutted, heavy-duty exterior high-speed fabric door that is perfect for large openings.
- High Speed Exterior Rubber Door-995 – is a heavy-duty exterior high-speed rubber door that features a multi-reinforced NBR rubber curtain and high strength guide construction to withstand harsh exterior conditions.
- Pflow Model M Vertical Lift System – designed to transport large, heavy loads between two or more levels. Ideal for high-cycle, automated systems or frequent-use applications.
- TKO Cruiserweight Knock-Out Door – is designed to prevent damage to the door panels and track when impacted and is the industry’s most rugged door.
- TKO Thermalweight Knock-Out Door – designed to prevent damage to the door panels and track when impacted while also providing a high R-value in temperature-controlled environments.
- TKO Welterweight Knock-Out Door – is designed to prevent damage to the door panels and track when impacted.
As the loading dock industry is focused on the bottom line, the results have a big impact on profitability. Big-time companies already have taken a game-changing approach, implementing new preventive maintenance programs. Gone is the traditional and reactive maintenance, as companies indeed move to “Predict and Prevent” maintenance.
Visit us personally at our North Carolina Service Areas: Charlotte including Concord, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Huntersville, Mooresville, Lake Wylie, Weddington, and Davidson.