The operation inside a warehouse, distribution center, or manufacturing facility working environment greatly improved compared to before. Many developments were made in the loading dock industry which resulted in various dock leveler choices to support the different needs of business applications.
Are you planning to get an air-powered dock leveler installed to your loading dock facility? The installation of an air-powered dock leveler must be installed by a knowledgeable and well-trained professional and should be based on the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Dock leveler installation from the preparation up to the final process must be meticulously done to protect and improve the operation of your warehouse facility.
What is an air-powered dock leveler?
Air-powered dock Levelers provide an airbag to raise and lower the loading dock levelers. The airbags in these levelers are similar to the stylish airbags found in the automotive. Level airbags are created from a woven polypropylene fiber membrane, coated with a durable PVC shell. These strengthen air bladders that take advantage of their size to move heavy loads with low-pressure air.
Air-powered levelers feature high volume and low-pressure pump inflates the air bags. It eliminates the messy hydraulic fluids using air and prevents issues with leaky seals and connections.
When it comes to powered dock levelers, both the air and hydraulic systems are capable of providing years of trouble-free operation. The air-powered dock levelers we offer are the following:
- Push-button operation eliminates manual lifting
- Patented high volume, low pressure air bag lift system
- Lift system fully operational under extreme temperatures of -65 to 180 F (-53 to 82 C)
- Exclusive Lug Style Lip Hinge provides superior strength and extended life
- High Strength Steel Tread Plate (Ramp & Lip)
- Robotic Welding for improved strength, quality, and consistency
- Operating Range is 5″ (127 mm) above to 5″ (127 mm) below the dock
- Effective Working Range is 3” (72.6 mm) above to 3” (72.6 mm) below the dock
- Lower Profile Design reduces interference with material handling equipment
- Beveled Lip Edge (11 degrees) provides a smooth interface with trailers
- 15” (381 mm) Lip Standard (Optional 17” (432 mm) lip available for refrigerated trailers)
- Tire Laminated Bumpers mounted to steel bumper blocks – 16” (406 mm) projection
- Exclusive EZ-Hang installation system simplifies install
- Integral Maintenance / Service Strut
Compared to mechanical dock levelers, the Serco’s air bag dock leveler is safer and far easier to operate. To raise, simply push a button. There’s no back-wrenching pulling of chains, walking down the deck, and no springs or hold-down to repair or replace.
- New! Exclusive SafeTFrame® Design
- High Volume, Low Pressure Lifting System
- Low Maintenance Design
- Exclusive HYDRA CAM™ Plus Automatic Lip Extension
- High Tensile Steel Lip, Deck & Beams
- Non-Metallic Push-button Control Panel (Non-Interlock Capable)
- 120V Single Phase Operation
- CLEAN FRAME® Design
- Structural Steel Safety Legs
- Full Operating Range Toe Guards
- Below-dock Endloading Capability
- 16” Lip Standard
- Grease Fittings
- Integral Maintenance Strut & Lip Support Latch
- Heavy-duty B410-14F Dock Bumpers
Serco and Kelley have installed many dock levelers in industrial facilities more than 135,000.
American Roll-Up Door Company, a division of DuraServ, has been providing Florida with a wide selection of high-end loading dock equipment and skilled professional technicians for installations and service needs for 30 years. We help in designing and installation of safe air powered dock levelers to ensure your industry runs smoothly.
DuraServ was named the 2019 Serco/Kelly Top Volume Distributor for the 16th year.
Our design team works with architects to design your loading dock facilities from the ground up for maximum efficiency and safety. We provide doors, docks, and dock accessories to make sure your building’s loading dock system is fully equipped and operational. Our accessories like LED dock lighting and high-grade commercial fans help move the air while reducing energy costs.
- Jacksonville – (904) 695‐0950
- Orlando – (407) 857‐2427
- Tampa – (813) 643‐7000
Servicing in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa FL and all of North Florida including St. Augustine, Fernandina Beach, Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Lake City.