Managing a loading dock business is complex and costly. Facility Managers are searching for the right solutions to save on their expenses.
The loading dock area is busy during business hours. It is one of the most accident prone areas. The lack of proper safety measures or no regular maintenance will lead to loading dock injury. When a truck is parked and accidentally moves during loading/unloading, it can cause life endangering injuries.
The safety of your employees is the top priority. The dock system must install essential safety equipment to avoid dock injuries. An effective trailer restraint will minimize the premature departure of vehicles from the dock.
Here are the tips to save on costly loading dock maintenance:
Saving Solution No. 1: Re-evaluation of Safety Processes
Safety protocols and guidelines may have been implemented, managed, and controlled. Re-assessing, upgrading, and finding solutions at these critical concerns:
- How are you protecting forklifts and pedestrians from the dangerous drop point?
- How safe are your blind corners and busy intersections?
- How do you protect pedestrians on the drive approach and around the loading dock?
- Were you able to pre-emptively safeguard potential dangers of automated equipment and machines?
- Were you able to protect people and equipment with flexible in-plant access?
- Do you restrain trailers properly?
Saving Solution No. 2: Consultancy
Choosing the right loading dock and commercial door company is an investment. An experienced professional in the loading dock system can advise practical solutions, fix problems from a different perspective, and provide preventative measures.
Saving Solution No. 3: Controlling Properly Energy Loss
Energy loss is costly. Factors that may cause energy loss are poorly-fitting of vehicle and dock entrance, obsolete overhead doors, and inefficient lighting of the loading dock areas. You can control and save on energy costs by having equipment such as dock doors, wheel restraints, and LED lights.
1. Troubleshoot or upgrade damaged/broken dock doors.
Dock doors are prone to damage by forklifts, other vehicles, or overused. It often has gaps in-between the dock seals and door frames. These spaces allow air condition or heater to escape and outdoor elements to enter your facility that will cause an increase in electrical bills.
Have your dock doors undergo a planned maintenance program by factory-trained and experienced technicians to improve business operation and productivity.
2. Use wheel restraints.
Wheel restraints provide safety benefits and controlling energy use by keeping vehicle trailers secured in place. The dock shelters and seals keep the insulation sealing of the dock area, so there will be no indoor air will escape as well as no outdoor elements will enter.
Where to get a dependable loading dock maintenance and dock safety equipment in Broward, Florida?
Overhead Door Company of South Florida, a division of DuraServ, is the largest distributor of dock equipment and hi-speed doors in South Florida including West Palm, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties.
The loading dock is a dangerous place to work, but we are committed to making your dock safe during the operation. We start with truck restraints and wheel restraints to keep the trucks from shifting. Also, we have lights and bumper guards. We have the right dock levelers and lifts to make sure your products get moved around quickly and smoothly. We minimize risk and create a safe working environment in Florida.
The truck restraints and wheel restraints we offer are the following but not limited to:
- Serco SLP3000 Recessed Vehicle Restraint
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model Sl90
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model SL40
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model SL10
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model SL20
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model SL60
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model SL70
- Serco Pit-Bull Truck Restraint Model SL80
- Serco SLSC Safety-Chock Surface Restraint
- Serco Manual Safety Chock
- Serco Universal Truck-Chock In-Ground Wheel Restraint
Overhead Door Company of South Florida offers a maintenance program that will inspect, suggest practical ways to improve your loading dock system, check your equipment and to keep them functional all the time.
Overhead Door Company of South Florida is your One-Stop-Shop for Commercial and Loading Dock Equipment includes 24/7 Parts and Service:
- Fully stocked warehouse
- Full fleet of service and installation trucks
- Team of factory trained and fully qualified service technicians
- Team of knowledgeable coordinators to take your call
Planned Maintenance Program
- Protect Your Investment
- Reduce Lifetime Ownership Costs
OEM Parts and Accessories
- Stocked Inventory
- Maximize Productivity
- Minimize Downtime
- Parts Availability