The loading dock in New Orleans is the heart of your facility. It’s where loads of valuable products are prepared for shipment and packed into trucks. Sometimes the loading dock gets bogged down with too much traffic or too little attention to employee safety. Loading and unloading freight plays a crucial part in the overall transportation process. Inefficient dock procedures can lead to higher transportation costs, slower delivery times and customer dissatisfaction. It doesn’t matter the volume of freight you ship, efficiency at your facility is a top priority.
Safety statistics are a dramatic way to get people’s attention to help them understand the connection between a facility’s safety efforts, loading dock equipment, and return on investment when specifying equipment for a project. Here are three equipment upgrades hack to increase the productivity of old loading dock facilities in New Orleans from Overhead Door Company of New Orleans A Division of DuraSErv Corp. and help you get your product in and out of your facility quickly and safely.
1. APS Air Bag Conversion Kit
The patented ATC Air Technology Conversion Kit will extend the life of your old dock leveler and make it more efficient while lowering your operating costs.
The ATC Kit converts levelers of most major manufacturers and can be installed easily. Plus ATC’s technology is proven safe. The airbag lifting module is made of tough, PVC-coated polyester fibers that operate without loss of performance in temperatures from -65F to +200F, even if the bag is punctured. Standard features include push-button station, high visibility maintenance strut, low-pressure fan motor, removable lifting bag assembly, and lip extension mechanism.
ATC Features and Benefits
- Easy push-button operation is user-friendly
- Simple design for ease of operation and low maintenance
- Ergonomic design increases safety and productivity
- Proven technology–tested fully effective at over 200,000 cycles w Climate-proof
- Environmentally friendly
- Lowest lifetime ownership cost
- Full-range telescoping toe guards (if not already installed)
- Secondary OSHA yellow maintenance strut
- 110 Single Phase
2. APS Flexback Panel
The FLEX-BACK™ Panel is the answer to common lower door panel damage, which is one of the most frequent and costly maintenance problems in today’s busy warehouses. The FLEX-BACK panel is constructed of a high impact polymer skin and flexible tube frame which allows the panel to flex upon impact and return to its normal operating position. This durability helps reduce door maintenance costs and helps eliminate damage to bottom door panels. The FLEX-BACK uses standard door hardware and replaces most standard sectional door panels easily. The insulated panel also provides an exceptional thermal seal to save on energy costs.
- Flexible fiberglass frame gives panel durability
- Help reduce door maintenance costs
- Provides an exceptional thermal seal
- Installs easily using standard door hardware
- Heavy-duty, the easy-grip handle comes standard
- Available in most popular sectional door sizes: 8’2”, 9’2” and 10’2”
- Thick, 1¾” construction fits most common doors
3. APS Hydraulic Conversion Kit
Upgrade Your Leveler to Proven Hydraulic Technology
Easy-to-operate, fully hydraulic activation is now available in a conversion kit! Say goodbye to low productivity caused by operating mechanical levelers.
- 1 horsepower motor/pump assembly
- Hydraulic main cylinder and lip cylinder with all necessary hoses, fittings, and brackets
- Easy-to-use constant pressure push-button control
- Velocity fuse emergency safety system
- Full range telescoping toe guards
- Secondary OSHA yellow maintenance strut
- Both single (110/230 VAC) and three-phase (208-230/480 VAC)
All efforts at improving loading dock equipment in New Orleans efficiency should focus on reducing the time and labor involved in getting shipments processed. The faster a shipment happens, the greater the return on revenue and customer relations. Excellent load sequencing takes concentrated effort and strategic planning. Efficient material handling is a core company competency and a mark of professionalism.
The best efficiency you can get on your loading dock is to integrate all the material handling and safety products that Overhead Door Company of New Orleans provides. Efficiency comes with combining the features and benefits of all sorts of tools and protective devices. Consider your overall efficiency picture when you invest in all of these loading dock upgrades.
Overhead Door Company of New Orleans strives to make workplaces like loading docks safe, secure and efficient. We work with you to find solutions for loading dock efficiency as well as equip you with the best quality and value in industrial investments. With our fleet of fully stocked vehicles and a team of factory-trained service technicians, we work around the clock to keep your loading dock equipment operating safely and efficiently. Call 504-822-0345.