Industry ownersand commercial businessowners often weigh the pros and cons if they need to install an insulated sectional door in Raleigh, NC. Whatever the nature of the location, their business can utilize an insulated sectional door which isideal for applications that require higher thermal efficiency because of the different advantages.
What is an insulated sectional door?
An insulated sectional door is a thermal efficient door that protects both hot and cold environments. One of these types is the Wayne Dalton-Thermospan 125 Insulated Sectional Door offered by Passport Door and Dock Systems, a division of DuraServ Corp, in Raleigh, NC, and nearby areas.
What is thermal efficiency?
Thermal efficiency is the capacity of doors to be energy-efficient doors. It can be measured using the solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) and U-factor for the door. Here are the reasons why this Thermospan Insulated Sectional Door is advantageous for applications that require higher thermal efficiency:
1. Speed in door opening and closing. It takes 0.3 m/s for a sectional door to open and close compared to the 0.06-0.08 m/s for a traditional roller shutter door. This speed of Wayne Dalton Thermospan 125 Insulated Sectional Door Raleigh, NC which is four times faster than those of traditional roller shutter doors has various benefits.
A. Work efficiency improved. There will no wait time for workers or forklifts in front of the door as the speed in material handling increases by at least three times than the traditional roll up doors.
B. Cleanliness maintained. The increased speed in opening and closing the door allows a less amount of air and dust that enters the room.
C. Temperature loss is reduced. The quick opening and closing of the door reduce heat loss.
2. Thermal insulation. The structure of the Thermospan Insulated Sectional Door Jamesburg NJ door panel is similar to a sandwich structure. The two-surface layer has a 0.326 mm galvanized steel plate which is 40 mm-thick. High-density fire-retardant polyurethane foam is in the middle with a 12-14 kg/m2 foam density. Heat conduction is avoided at the joint area through a special cold-bridge design. These commercial sectional doors can mostly be found in warehouses and cold rooms because of its thermal insulation ration of 4.5 W/m*h.
3. Air tight doors. An EDPM weather seal rubber covers the door which is resistant to cold and chemicals. This allows the door to have a long lifespan and guarantees the door’s high air-tightness. This keeps the room clean as it prevents outside dust and air from entering the room.
4. Cost-efficient doors. This Wayne Dalton Thermospan 125 Insulated Sectional Door can prevent energy transfers. It is also dependable and sturdy.
- Window Options: Vision Lites allow for visibility while maintaining the security
- High Cycle Spring (25K,50K,100K)
- 3″Track Option
- Solid Shafts
- Perimeter Weatherseal
- Color Options: White Embossed and Stucco Finish
- Operation Options
- Chain Hoist Operation
- Motor Operation
- Special Application Options
- Special Track Designs
- Safety Options
- Safety Edge
- Safety Photo Eyes
The Wayne-Dalton Thermospan Series doors are the only doors in the industry with patented, roll-formed integral struts on each section, making them the most rigid doors available.
Passport Door and Dock Systems, a division of DuraServ Corp, has been serving the Central and Eastern North Carolina commercial door and dock needs from Angier, NC headquarters, and branch in Farmville, NC since 1995. Between the two locations, Passport Door and Dock Systems can keep the commercial docks and doors in the Raleigh-Durham corridor working safely and efficiently.
If you need to install these commercial thermal doors, you can call the following:
- Raleigh: (919) 639-0334
- Farmville: (252) 753-6100