Of the several equipment and devices that comprise a loading dock, a dock leveler is one that plays a huge role in your operation.
Dock levelers are stable equipment in a warehouse and perform a critical function. It requires handling with the same level of care as other loading dock equipment and devices.
Why is dock leveler important?
You should be fully aware of the importance of dock levelers. The majority of the industries and loading bays are using this equipment to let the operations run easy, safe, and fast. Dock levelers are highly functional because of its feature-rich specifications and functionalities.
In most cases, your dock bay will not coincide with the height of all trucks that serve your loading zone, which is why dock levelers are essential.
Dock levelers can create a permanent part of the dock, thus bridging the gap between the dock and the truck or the warehouse floor at the same time.
When it comes to loading docks in New Jersey, Overhead Door Company of Eastern New Jersey, a division of DuraServ, is the leading service provider in the loading dock, door, and equipment industry in New York and New Jersey.
We can deliver service on a national scale to customers with large facilities.
What are the types of levelers?
Dock levelers can function in several different ways, with different benefits and drawbacks for your loading dock business. Essentially, there are three types of dock levelers such as mechanical, hydraulic, and air units:
1. Mechanical Dock Levelers – consist of a series of springs and levers that can be manually operated to raise the loading platform and extend the lip assembly. Then the leveler is manually positioned to bridge with the delivery truck bed.
- least expensive leveler
- slower to operate
- more maintenance
- need regular adjustment to the hold-down system
Our New Jersey dock repair, has access to the full line of Overhead commercial door products from rolling grilles to high-speed doors to beautiful glass aluminum doors. We have the right product to fulfill your loading dock needs.
We have several types of Mechanical Dock levelers for you to choose from.
2. Hydraulic Dock Leveler – are designed structurally similar to mechanical levelers, however, powered by hydraulic cylinders to raise the platform and extend the lip assembly to bridge the gap between the docking bay and the trailer or transport vehicle.
- easier to maintain
- faster to operate than mechanical levelers
- more expensive
- safer and easier to maintain
At our New Jersey Dock Replacement, we have the technical expertise and products to make your warehouse and docks safe and efficient. Whether you need a retrofit or for us to work with your architect for a new design, our experts have all the right products.
To get to know how our Hydraulic Dock Leveler can help your loading dock business, get a glimpse.
3. Air Powered Dock Levelers – Air-powered dock levelers make use of an airbag to automatically raise and lower the platform.
- simple yet effective
- easiest to maintain
- eliminates messy hydraulic fluids and leaks
At New Jersey dock lock repair Team, are factory trained and fully qualified service technicians- some with over 25 years of experience. We work around the clock to keep your doors and dock equipment up and running.
If a dock leveler is not working properly, how will it affect the loading dock operation?
Dock levelers empower an easy and smooth sailing transition between the trailers and docks.
If a dock leveler is damaged or in need of unexpected repairs, the loading dock operations will stop, the whole company supply chain will result in the following:
- losing your worker productivity
- delays in the transition of goods, products or items
- long delays will create productivity downtimes
- costly maintenance repairs
- low morale of workers
- potentially hinder vendor relationships
- eventually company profit losses
Our New Jersey Dock Lock Replacement Team is available 24/7 with Parts and Services. We have a Team of knowledgeable coordinators to take your call.
- Full fleet of service and installation trucks
- Fully stocked warehouse
- Team of factory trained and fully qualified service technicians
For more information and details about our 24/7 with Parts and Services.
Why Contact a Professional Dock Leveler Repair Service?
Keeping your dock leveler may seem insignificant. However, failure to keep up with maintenance of this piece of equipment is threatening the company’s bottom line.
Our New Jersey dock maintenance and New Jersey dock inspection Service Team can do regular check-ups and repairs of your equipment and keep them running as they are designed, and operating at full capacity which will result in:
- increase operational reliability and efficiency
- longer life of the equipment
- lessening equipment malfunctioning
- lowering costly downtime
- lowering of long-term repair expense
- safe working environment
- big company savings
Overhead Door Company of Eastern New Jersey, a Division of DuraServ, the largest distributor in the world for the leading manufacturers of dock equipment and hi-speed doors, is East Jersey’s commercial door and operator provider for industrial applications.
Whether you need a retrofit or for us to work with your architect for a new design, our experts have all the right products. You can contact us at 609-642-4864, or through our website.
Our New Jersey broken dock leveler Team can provide expert service and repair of commercial and industrial door systems. Our well-stocked fleet of service vehicles and expertly trained technicians will keep your dock systems operating safely.You may request for a service request, or personally visit us at service areas: New Jersey, Jamesburg, Edison, Union, Cranbury, Lakewood, South Plainfield, NJ, and New York.