The concept of learning how to undertake the maintenance of a residential garage door is vital to sustaining efficient operation.
Well, it is a common idea that when a garage door breaks down, your car will be locked and trapped inside the garage, right?
To prevent this type of adverse situation, you just need to observe the preventive maintenance of your garage door.
What is a garage door?
A garage door is the gate of a car garage, whether its a wooden type or a steel frame. It is designed to protect the car and keep it safe from outside intruders.
Since a garage its part of our home, it protects our personal possessions and keeps the family secure.
Why is it important for a commercial/residential garage door to undergo Preventive Maintenance?
Commercial/residential garage doors need to undergo preventive maintenance to sustain a smooth and safe operation. You won’t be burdened by frequent parts replacement due to damage caused by wear and tear.
The New Orleans Garage door opener is one of the most important and overworked fixtures of a garage because it opens and closes the garage. To learn if you need to replace your door opener, the following must be present:
1. It creates a rusty sound like noise
2. It operates slowly in a sluggish motion
If this is the case, a new garage door is highly recommended.
It is important to have your garage door serviced at least once a year if no complicated issue occurs. Maintenance service will surely prolong the life of your garage door as you lubricate the mechanical parts and areas of the door including the tightening of the bolts and screws as well as proper adjustment to the spring door tension.
On the other hand, if your garage door is regularly utilized, it would be wise to have it lubricated every three months to prevent grinding sounds and stammering.
This not applicable when we are speaking about the garage door rollers. Rollers together with the garage door hinges should be lubricated every six months to keep them operational.
If your garage door is already ten to twelve years old, you might need to consider total replacement to prevent costly repairs and replacement of the moving parts.
An annual garage door tune-up is also recommended to ensure reliability, quiet operation and safety.
What are the types of Garage Doors?
- Sectional garage door – made up of panel sections connected with hinges to other panels. Not all sectional doors are manufactured equally meaning some are assembled with the best quality parts like this brand.
- Roll-up garage door – the door rolls up to the ceiling. for the best quality and durable door.
- Slide to the side garage door – this one functions by pushing the door to the side
- Side-hinged garage door – hinged at the side of the frame
- Tilt-up/ up and over canopy garage door – door tilts upward without folding or rolling
- Tilt-up/ up and over retractable garage door – door is lifted and suspended independently from the frame
These are just regular types of garage doors but if you are looking for the most sophisticated ones, you may check this list of high-performance garage doors.
Where do you find a reliable preventive maintenance service in New Orleans, PA?
If you are in New Orleans, PA, a reliable preventive maintenance service from Overhead Door Company of New Orleans, a division of DuraServ Corp.
We are a one-stop-shop for garage doors and other loading dock equipment. We have complete garage door parts and services. You may visit our page for more information
We have professional and highly-skilled technicians who will properly inspect your garage door. New Orleans Garage door repair service is also one of our expertise.
Our New Orleans Home garage door products are the following:
- Commercial sectional doors
- New Orleans Roll-up door
- New Orleans High-Speed Door
- Knock out doors
- Door operators
- High-performance doors
- New Orleans Overhead door
We also have our collection of garage doors and these are the following:
- Overhead door courtyard collection garage doors
- Overhead door durafirm collection garage doors
- Overhead door impression collection garage doors
- Overhead door ribbon v5 collection garage doors
- Overhead door signature carriage collection garage doors
- Overhead door thermacore insulated steel garage doors
- Overhead door traditional steel garage doors
- Overhead door 521 modern aluminum garage door
- Overhead door legacy 850 residential chain driven operator
For a consultation, please visit our service centers near you in the following service areas: New Orleans, Metairie, Slidell, Belle Chasse, Kenner, Northshore, Hammond, Covington, Mandeville, Laplace, Houma, Thibodaux, River Region, Ponchatoula, Harvey, Marrero, Gretna, Destrehan, St. Rose, Reserve, Abita