“Opportunity knocks only once. You never know if you’ll get another opportunity.” As we are living now in times of recession- a time of Co-Vid, the most pessimist sees this difficult time catastrophic, but an optimist sees this as an opportunity.
Probably, your loading dock is functioning hardly on 50% skeletal force manpower and equipment, or you are still figuring out day and night on how to survive your loading business in these hard times, opportunity and time are big factors to consider and vitally important these days.
While on the brighter side, summarily as based on ResearchAndMarkets.com’s 2020-2025 statistical forecast report dated Feb. 14, 2020 (Globe Newswire), ‘The commercial doors market is majorly driven by the rise in the commercial and residential construction sector, coupled with the growth in retrofit activities worldwide. The commercial sector has witnessed a boost in the last few years due to the demographic shift in the consumer base. Additionally, strong economic growth increased construction activities, and growth in corporate profits have increased expenditure on renovation and expansion activities, thereby driving the demand in North America’, as can be seen by optimist’s view on the future of loading docks.
Whether you may heed this advice on an optimistic viewpoint, or you may let this current situation as it is, in, either way, opportunity and time is ticking every second, and in these times of uncertainty, who knows.
Considering summer is here and Co-Vid daily reports seem to be flattening its statistical curb of progress, probably it is an opportunity to perform regular maintenance checks on your commercial and residential overhead doors. That would be timely before winter where the cold can cause springs to stiffen and harder to expand with cracking, misalignment and wearing parts can happen which after repair jobs will line up and pops anytime.
To avoid the inconvenience of having your overhead doors repaired during cold seasons, taking advanced measures by setting up a preventative maintenance program and have them regularly checked.
However, before we discuss preventative maintenance, Just-Rite Equipment, a division of DuraServ, since 2001, who has been known for providing high-quality and dependable commercial doors and loading docks to customers in the Mid-Atlantic regions including Virginia, for the benefit of neophyte readers in the loading dock business we want to discuss some fundamentals first.
What are the Commercial Doors and Its Application?
Commercial doors are specifically designed and engineered doors for commercial purposes. They are usually found in office buildings, stores, hospitals, schools, warehouses, and other commercial establishments.
Since its invention way back during the 1920s, the commercial door is one of the reasons for the booming of infrastructure and construction businesses, as can be seen on several applications like:
Our Virginia High-Speed doors Service Office offers a wide variety of quality dock commercial doors such as:
They also have several Commercial Rolling Steel Doors with its key highlights for you to choose from:
- Wayne Dalton – FireStar 700 Rolling Steel Fire Door– they can be drop-tested and reset at any time by its standard auto-reset feature.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 600 Rolling Grille-its durable construction technique used ensures that the grilles will offer many years of reliable and consistent performance.
- Wayne Dalton – FireStar 700C Insulated Rolling Steel Fire Door-features fire-resistant insulation, making it the ideal choice for exterior openings that require fire doors.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 800 Rolling Steel Service Door-offers flexibility in substrate materials with choices of aluminum, galvanized or prime steel, or stainless steel.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 800C Thermotite Rolling Steel Service Door– its color options range from our standard five factory finish colors to a full range of 180 RAL powder coat choices.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 900 Rolling Steel Service Door– offers flexibility in substrate materials with choices of 24, 22, or 20–gauge stainless steel, galvanized steel, or aluminum.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 926 Rolling Steel Service Door– provides a budget-friendly yet durable solution for self-storage to industrial openings.
- Wayne Dalton – Model DS100 Rolling Sheet Door– a strong, smooth-working door with interior or exterior or exterior locking designs.
- Wayne Dalton – Secur-Vent Ventilated Rolling Steel Service Door – used for exterior and interior commercial applications, providing ventilation, visibility, and maximum in security with rugged construction.
- Wayne Dalton – Titan Rolling Steel Service Door– constructed from 6 tall curved slats which are formed from 18- gauge or 14- gauge commercial quality steel
Also, our Virginia Rubber Doors Service Office Commercial doors offer several benefits as can be found both on residential and commercial establishments such as:
Our Virginia Spiral Doors Service Office has several commercial sectional doors, ideal and suitable for both on residential and commercial businesses:
- Wayne Dalton – Full View 451 Aluminum Full View Sectional Door– weather-resistant and virtually maintenance-free, and are ideal for commercial applications such as service stations, car washes, and auto dealerships.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 216 Steel Sectional Door– whether subjected to severe weather, rough use , r security hazards, the Model 216 will stand the test of time.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 2411 Steel Sectional Door– features nominal 24-gauge ribbed steel sections with vertical stiles attached to the interior.
- Wayne Dalton – Model 2415 Steel Sectional Door– utilizes true 24-gauge ribbed steel sections with 16-gauge vertical end stiles and 20-gauge center stiles attached to the interior.
- Wayne Dalton – Model C-20 Steel Sectional Door– includes insulation and weather stripping that provide a U-value of 0.13 and an R-value of 7.60;
- Wayne Dalton – ThermoMark 5150 Insulated Sectional Door-features such as the 18-gauge steel end caps give the ThermoMark 5150/5200 increased rigidity,
- Wayne Dalton – Thermospan 125 Insulated Sectional Door– features pre-painted inner and outer skins made from hot-dipped galvanized steel for added corrosion protection.
- Wayne Dalton – Thermospan 200 Insulated Sectional Door– also features two patented 1 3/4″ integral roll-formed struts per section providing the highest strength-to-weight ratio.
Moreover, we also have commercial knock outdoor models such as:
What is Preventive Maintenance?
Preventive maintenance is a regular or routine maintenance procedure performed on a device or equipment to lessen the risk of future damage or failure, costly downtime, and long-term repair expense.
As constant daily use of equipment put more stress on your door system, the more it is susceptible to break down, or failure to function normally. And at times door maintenance is often postponed until the problem occurs which eventually becomes a much more expensive repair, increases downtime cost, and lost productivity.
Preventive Maintenance Program offers several benefits:
What is the recommended maintenance schedule?
The frequency of maintenance services depends on several factors like working environment, door usage, and other conditions of the door’s operation. Mostly, it depends on the program schedules, while some have three to six months of preventive maintenance schedules.
Just-Rite Equipment offers annual or as needed scheduled maintenance programs to assist you in extending the life of your commercial door. If repair service is required, our service department is available for an over-the-phone consult to possibly troubleshoot your issues prior to an onsite repair visit.
Planned Maintenance Program
Our Virginia High-Performance Doors Service Office emergency response repair team is prompt and experienced in all makes and models of any door:
Being your One-Stop-Shop for commercial door and loading dock equipment includes 24/7 parts and service:
OEM Parts and Accessories
Our Virginia team of professionals offers design consultations with you outlining timelines, costs, and the care of your purchased product from Just-Rite Equipment.
Call to Action (Phone Numbers, email):
Visit us personally at our Virginia Service Areas: Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Connecticut, Lower Massachusetts, and Eastern Pennsylvania.