Business expansions are an advantage for the economic growth of a state. Self-storage facilities operating in Toronto, Canada continually increasing as the need for the commercial industry is rising.
Reliable roll-up steel service doorswith modern design and high-technological advances are ideal for a business operation like self-storage and industrial operation. Rolling doors offer essential features and benefits to greatly improve the quality of storage facilities in securing the goods, products, and equipment.
The BestDoor Company offers this informative article for facility managers or business owners who are making business decisions on what type of rolling door to get for their facilities in Toronto, CA.
What is a Rolling or Roll-Up Steel Service Door?
A rolling door, also called a coiling door, overhead door, or roll-up steel service door is a non-labeled, metal slatted door either made of stainless steel, aluminum, or galvanized steel, hinged together and can roll upward and store in a tight coil above the opening.
Wayne Dalton’s Model 926 rolling service door is an economical and secure solution to protect facility openings. These doors are composed of flat-faced slats that provide a natural watershed, helping to reduce corrosion. Slats are designed with free-acting interlocking joints that permit easy articulation when the door coils.
The Model 926 rolling steel service door provides a cost-effective and durable solution for self-storage to industrial openings in Toronto, Canada.
Materials and Construction
- Wayne-Dalton’s 926 Series rolling doors are composed of flat-faced slats that provide a natural water-shed, helping to reduce corrosion.
- The slats are designed with free-acting interlocking joints that permit easy articulation when the door coils.
- The 926 Series features a strong double-angle bottom bar that reinforces the lower edge of the curtain against wind pressure and permits varied lock, astragal, and safety edge options. This bottom bar is designed for easy installation and does not require fasteners protruding into the guide openings, so the bottom bar does not interfere with door operation. Zinc-plated, cast iron windlocks add strength and prevent lateral slat movement.
- The counterbalance assembly consists of a spring barrel that serves as a load-carrying beam. It encases the counterbalance mechanism and provides the axis around which the curtain coils. (Deflection is limited to 0.033″ per lineal foot of span.) If required, barrel rings of malleable iron or stamped steel may be provided to assure proper counterbalance. Oil-tempered, torsion-type counterbalance springs are wound from ASTM A229 steel, providing accuracy in balancing the door. Barrel plugs connect ends of springs to the barrel and tension rod. The tension rod of steel shafting holds fixed ends of springs and carries a torsional load of spring counterbalance.
- The spring tension adjusting wheel is normally mounted outside the bracket on the end of the tension rod. Inside adjusting wheel for tight side-room applications is available in limited sizes.
- The hood cover encloses the curtain coil and counterbalance mechanism. Slat hoods are available.
Key Product Features
- Max Width*: 12’
- Max Height*: 12’
- Max Steel Gauge = 26
- Steel construction 2” flat slats
- Wind load ±20 psf standard
- Double-angle bottom bar reinforces the lower edge of the curtain
Options & Accessories
- Vinyl weatherseal for curtain, lintel brush, and rubber hood baffle
- Manual chain hoist
- Motor operator
- Pneumatic or electric sensing edge
- Wind Locks
- End covers and fascia
Where to get the highest quality of product and installation of a Rolling Steel Service Door in Toronto, CA?
The BestDoor Company, a division of DuraServ, the largest distributor, leading manufacturers, and service provider of commercial doors in Canada since 1984. We have earned our reputation for providing outstanding door products and services to our customers in Central Ontario.
We have been servicing all of Ontario, Canada including Concord, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Vaughan, Hamilton, and Scarborough.
Company awards received are the following:
- Wayne Dalton – Circle of Excellence (2016)
- Wayne Dalton – President’s Club (2005-2015)
Being your One-Stop-Shop rolling door parts and service provider in Toronto, we offer the following:
- Full fleet of service and installation trucks
- Fully stocked warehouse
- Team of factory trained and certified technicians-some with 35 experience
- 24/7/365 Service Availability
- “One customer-one contact” for all service needs.
Call us at 647-952-2188 for all of your commercial doors need.