The warehouse operation is one of the busiest facilities in Raleigh, North Carolina. With the updates in technology, most warehouse facilities in Raleigh were adversely affected because they failed to upgrade.
What is a Warehouse?
Simply, a warehouse is a large and plain structure where goods are stored and is usually located in the outskirts of the city.
What are the risks in a warehouse?
Warehouse facilities process the distribution, transfer, and delivery of goods to and from the storage area.
Due to the nature of engagement in warehouse facilities, risks are always anticipated:
- The accident caused by defective wheel restraints, heavy equipment, and machinery sometimes causes accidents like products falling from a forklift due to unstable and slippery flooring;
- Reckless drivers of heavy equipment and machinery colliding with one another, especially during reverse driving;
- Goods, containers, and boxes may pose an obstruction to the driveway that causes mishaps;
- Unmaintained equipment and machinery may cause fire due to electric faulty wirings;
- Defective roll-up doors may trigger a high impact on the forklift.
What are the primary safety concerns that a company should have in a warehouse operation?
All personnel should undergo basic orientation as well as advance training specific to their job description.
List of Vehicle Safety Tips
- The fundamental approach to prevent accidents and reduce the level of injury in a warehouse is by providing high-quality and durable safety equipment such as but not limited to the truck restraints.
- Regular schedule of equipment/vehicle maintenance, necessary repairs or replacement of equipment parts.
If you are in need of high-end loading dock safety equipment, truck restraints, and vehicle wheel restraints, we have the products and services at Passport Door & Dock Systems, a division of DuraServ Corp.
We have been installing Raleigh vehicle safety equipment and supplies since 1995 in Central and Eastern North Carolina. We are one of the most trusted distributors of safety loading dock equipment, and truck and wheel restraints.
We are in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
For concerns or questions, please contact us at (919) 639-0334 and (252) 753-6100, you may also contact us here for a service request.Visit our service areas in North Carolina, Angier, Farmville, Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Greenville, Wilmington, Cary, NC, and surrounding cities.