Business and weather are inseparable. If you are planning to invest in a business in Florida this year, consider weather first. You probably know that Florida is a hurricane-prone state in the US.
However, what you might not know is Florida has some of the largest cargo ports in the United States. Cargo ports comes with warehouses and loading docks. Loading dock businesses in Florida are the perfect place to find your commercial doors for severe weather conditions.
Overhead Door Company of South Florida, a division of DuraServ, since 2001, has been servicing all of South Florida including West Palm, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties with their loading dock equipment and service needs. Here we have a fundamental overview of Overhead commercial doors.
What are the types of Commercial Doors?
Commercial doors are commonly used in commercial buildings, or establishments, however, here we have 4 basic types of commercial doors:
Doors that uses slats of aluminum, galvanized steel, or stainless steel roll up in an overhead coil. They can be found in commercial, institutional, industrial, and other establishments.
2. Fire-rated Doors
A fire-rated door is an entryway or door that works like roll-up doors, either raised or lowered manually or automatically by a motor, its purpose, to resist the spreading of fire between spaces in buildings or establishments.
3. Security Grilles
A type of door model available with side-folding or upward-coiling. Usually made of aluminum or galvanized steel, providing state-of-the-art security features and offers aesthetic designs to suit your needs.
Are doors made up of panel sections that are connected with hinges, When the door opens and closes, the wheels at the edge of each panel rolls up inside a vertical track.
What is the specification of tough doors for severe weather?
Unlike ordinary doors, wind load-rated overhead doors or hurricane-rated door, are engineered and designed to withstand strong high winds, and storm-like rains with state-of-the-art advanced features to prevent failures:
1. Built from High-Quality Strong Materials
Wind load-rated overhead doors are built from high-quality galvanized steel, making hurricane-proof doors.
Try to imagine what’s it like when a hurricane passes through your building or office establishment and your door fails to protect the weakest part of your building. Leaving your building door wide open would expose your products, goods, or items to outside elements, and burglars, not to mention the damage to your whole building.
At Florida garage door, we have several models of strongly built and highly durable hurricane-rated door models like Overhead Door- Thermacore 591 Insulated Sectional Door model.
Our Thermacore® 591 doors are built with hot-dipped galvanized steel exterior panels, roll-formed, and designed for exceptional strength and sound suppression capabilities. Wind load design available for usage in high-wind conditions.
- Standard Max Width: 35’2″ (10,719 Mm)/Standard Max Height: 24’1″ (7,341 Mm)
- Panel Thickness: 1 5/8″ (41 Mm)
- R-Value: 14.86 (2.63 W/Msq)
- Air Infiltration: 15 Mph (24 Kmph) .08 Cfm (2.26 Lmp)/ 25 Mph (40 Kmph) .08 Cfm (2.26 Lmp)
- Wind Load: Meets ANSI/Dasma 102-1996
2. High-Quality Wind load Strength
Wind load refers to the measurement rate of any pressure or forces that the wind exerts on a building or an establishment. Ordinarily, a standard Overhead door has a 20PSF wind load rate, while this door has different wind load rates on installation and construction specifications.
Standard features of wind load-rated doors are:
- the wind locks are made of heavier or stronger material
- contain heavier, stronger and closer bolt spacing
- has heavier and deeper guide angles
- more costly due to upgrade parts and components
- ends of the rolling door curtain slats have windsocks as and lock
Our Florida Door Repair can provide one of the best in Commercial Windload Door Models assuring your commercial business the full protection against strong rain-like storms and high-winds of hurricanes.
1. Overhead Door- Model 610 Rolling Steel Service Door – strong and durable, handsome and versatile, and can withstand wind loads up to 20psf. The 610 Series is a door tough enough to perform exceptionally well in demanding industrial environments with severe storm-like climates.
2. Overhead Door- Model 620 Stormtite Rolling Steel Service Door- The Stormtite™ 620 Series – an Airtight Solution for Heavy-Duty Applications. This special door is designed from high-cycle and high-wind load to combination, spark-resistant, and crane way doors.
3. Overhead Door- Model 625 Stormtite Insulated Rolling Steel Service Door – Model 625 heavy-duty door is featured with insulated stainless steel, aluminum, or galvanized steel slats, and offers wind load protection up to 20 PSF.
3. Top-of-the-Line Performance Criteria
Hurricane Overhead doors are tested, and certified by several third-party testing facilities to meet high-quality standard performance criteria such as:
- ASTM E 330
- Florida Building Code (FBC)
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- Signed and Sealed Calculations
- Miami-Dade County test protocols TAS 201, TAS 202 and TAS 203
At Florida high-speed door, all our High-Performance or High-Speed Doors are certified and tested as a High-Quality Performance Criteria in either one or more of its accreditations.
1. High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-990 – ideal for high-traffic manufacturing, pharmaceutical, warehouse, and distribution facilities.
2. High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-991 – is best for separating controlled environment spaces such as food and beverage facilities, high traffic zones, storage rooms, and manufacturing areas to prevent cross-contamination.
3. High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-992 – is a strutted, heavy-duty interior high-speed fabric door with an independently tested static pressure resistance of 76 mph and dynamic ultimate pressure resistance of 53 mph.
4. High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-992 – has industry-leading standard safety features include reversing edge, two sets of infrared obstruction detection sensors, and door stop devices.
5. High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-993 – is a strutted, exterior high-speed fabric door with an independently tested static pressure resistance of 76 mph and dynamic ultimate pressure resistance of 53 mph.
6. High-Speed Exterior Rubber Door-994 – is a high-speed heavy-duty exterior door that is a perfect door solution for parking garages, mining, auto/transit, and manufacturing facilities.
Our wide selections of commercial doors are guaranteed to last for many years, have a glimpse of our best high-performance door models.
Where to get the highest quality product and installation of commercial doors in Florida?
When in search of the highest quality of product and installation of commercial doors in Florida, finding the best commercial door provider can answer your needs.
Get Overhead Door Company of South Florida, a division of DuraServ Corp. is your reliable commercial door provider. The company is famous for being the leading service provider in the loading dock, door, and equipment industry. We deliver service on a national scale to customers with large facilities, often in multiple locations, across the United States, and in Canada.
Contact us at (954) 266-7960, or through our website for your commercial door needs or any dock equipment and doors, we have the products and skilled technicians to keep your dock running at its peak.
Our Florida door service of well-trained technicians and stocked trucks are prepared to fix anything that might get broken.
You can make a service request or visit us personally at our Service Areas: South Florida – Miami, Miramar, West Palm, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe County, Fort Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, and Doral.